Friday 7 September 2012

Day One - Here we go again


It never fails to amaze me that no matter how much I am looking forward to getting away the trip “over” always makes me feel like I just want to crawl under the covers and not come out, glorious weather or not. This has very little, nothing infact, to do with the pitiful exchange rate I got on my English Pounds, or missing my family and dogs and realizing the six things I wrote on my “do not forget” list were promptly forgotten…..no,this has more to do with the fact that we pull into our drive hidden from view by a six foot solid metal gate in the small, if not wee-small hours of a 13 hour solid car and train pilgrimage to our own personal Mecca, open the gates  and have the beam bent headlights hit the JUNGLE that was the pristine picture of greenfingered contentment we left 12 weeks previously. “Merde”…….it will still be there in the morning….it was:   


 



No comments:

Post a Comment